When health and fitness is your life you can expect to have a pretty sweet workout wardrobe and even sweeter set of accessories to match. Of course, all in the name of getting that little bit stronger and fitter…and not at all due to the fact they just look awesome. Not. At. All. *
* ok this is actually a lie, killer workout gear is known to make you train harder. Fact.
Having your bag fully stocked with the ‘essentials’ is a must to help get you out the door and ready to get your sweat on! Here is what I am lovin’ this week.
1. The 2XU Cylinder Gym Bag – mainly because I love me some fluoro… but if you aren’t brave enough to rock the 80’s colour it does come in two summer colours to ensure you stand out! A high fil outer shell provides plenty of breathability whilst the zipped storage pockets give plents of options for storage of essentials. Featuring both shoulder and carry straps, this easy carry bag is a must have at the gym.
2. Nike Printed Roshe – so this pair of Nike Roshe Run Print is actually men’s… but I love them so just got the smallest size, win win!! Apart from looking pretty fly, they also offer breathability, lightweight cushioning and bold style with a Phylon midsole and colorful mesh upper. The shoe is intended to be versatile, worn with or without socks, dressed up or down, for walking or just taking it easy.
3. 2XU Mid Rise Compression Tights – following the success of their best selling 2XU compression tights, the new 2XU Mid Rise Compression Tights offer all the benefits of 2XU compression in a new silhouette with a higher rise for greater coverage and support. Im loving the higher rise as it offers greater coverage during bends and stretches (because no one wants to see your butt falling out of your tights while stretching lets be honest).
4. The Nike Pro Core Compression Indy Polka Square Women’s Sports Bra is made with sweat-wicking stretch fabric and removable cups for a versatile fit that helps keep you dry during low-impact workouts. And it looks cool. Enough said.
5. RHYTHM+ is a heart rate monitor which replaces a chest strap. It wirelessly transmits your heart rate to multiple ANT+ displays (Garmin watches, cycling computers, fitness equipment etc) and your favourite Bluetooth enabled watch or smartphone app within a 30 metre range. Its also pretty stream line so you dont have a bulky box on your wrist!
6. Bose SoundSport in ear headphones – truth be told I did steal these from the boyfriend after he got new noise cancelling headphones (amazzzzzing fyi) but this pair is a winner because theyn are sweat and weather-resistance using hydrophobic acoustic cloth for workouts, they stay in place while shaking your booty (you dance while working out too right?) and they also allow you to answer your phone. Fancy.
7. The Upside tank – I don’t like to wear tight tops while working out… but baggy singlets can pose the problem of appearing like you are hiding a 8 month pregnant belly rather than a growing 6 pack (obs not ideal). The Upside has nailed it with this muscle tank, join the cool kids and grab your self a top I got it in grey and white too.
8. Rexona – because no one likes working out next to a smelly gal or guy. No. One. Now I am lucky not to have hyperhydrosis issues (abnormal excessive sweating), but hey, maybe its because I have a preventive in place!! Also eating cleaning and staying super hydrated makes the world of difference. I also like that it makes me smell pretty, who needs perfume?!
What are you loving?