It’s a little something called Vital Greens.
While I flirt nonchalantly between my other staple products such as fish oil and Vitamin D, my well documented love for the green powder is a keeper and I won’t stray.
Here is why: Vital Greens is a nutrient and enzyme-rich, complete “Superfood’ that is an energizing, cleansing, alkaline-promoting, all in-one nutritional supplement.
Why this is this combo so important to me?
I lead a pretty busy and hectic life (hello early morning PT sessions followed by a day of work, training, writing , more working and probably not going to bed early enough..) so I need something that energies and supports my system – and that isn’t called caffeine…
I can literally feel every glass full working to my benefit – especially since I made such a conscious effort to take it daily (and sometimes twice daily).
My head is less foggy, my skin is clearer, my tummy isn’t bloated anymore and I have been waking up at 5am with the energy to train myself before I train my clients (and if you know me that is a huge feat!).
One key influencer that bought us closer together was my trip to Nepal. My trusted travel sachets of Vital Greens and I trekked 8 hours uphill everyday for 9 whole days, full of energy and not getting sick once -while everyone around me was dropping like flies!
What else do I love?
- Most of the bulk ingredients are certified organic or of natural origin.
- It has a comprehensive formula of 76 vital ingredients (and if you want to learn about every each herb this site here lists them individually with explanations.).
- Vital Greens includes all the products I used to take separately like Spirulina, Chlorella and Wheatgrass – so I am saving money on buying just one super product.
- It is balanced with antioxidants and immune supporting herbs (such as astragals root, green tea, shitake mushroom) so I found since taking Vital Greens consistently for the last year (instead of occasionally over 3) I don’t catch every cold and flu going around, and who doesn’t love less sick days!
- It contains digestive enzymes, prebiotics and probiotics (hello healthy inside and colon).
- It is alkaline forming – super important for healthy digestion and bowels (and aiming for an alkaline system is especially important if you eat a high protein diet like I do).
- It is designed to curb the appetite (with artichoke powder, green tea and other ingredients) so it’s perfect for my afternoon Vital Protein/Vital Green shake snack before gym session.
- It’s high in iron and protein (which makes it perfect for vegetarians too).
- It taste good which is an important quality in a powder (and if you are not sold on the flavour, try it in juice or smoothie rather than plain water.)
Don’t believe me? My clients are fans too:
“I cannot live without my greens, and I have found Vital Greens to be the superior product on the Australian market. I literally feel the spirulina and chlorella hit my cells, which is the perfect compliment to my nutritional cleansing lifestyle! I have all of my clients on Vital Greens for that extra hit of alkalising nutrients! Lee provides product super quick on request too, which I love!!” Emilie Tonkin, www.emilietonkin.isagenix.com
‘Living and working in Sydney has many benefits, but the big city life can be hard to keep up with. Trying to balance a hectic work schedule and a growing social life is hard enough – without having to worry about finding time to keep healthy. Thankfully, at least the early morning rush of trying to throw something together before running out the door has been made easy, and healthy, with the discovery of Vital Greens. My partner and I have been benefiting from all the goodness of Vital Greens for the past 12 months. Mixed in simple fruit smoothies, Vital Greens fuels us for the entire morning and we have the energy to tackle the day…..and the city! I would recommend this product to everyone!’ Darren Duke
“I’m 30 now and having been playing AFL foofball for 22 years and it’s getting harder to recover and have the energy to get the day after a game or training. Since I have started taking Vitals Greens (before the game and in the mornings) I have found I have more energy and more go. I just add it my protein shakes and I’m good to go!’ Shaun Silver
So what are you waiting for, put a spring in your step, ward off winter bugs and get into this green liquid gold!!
Here is a nice little raw recipe to try using Vital Greens and a mix of other superfoods:
35 pitted dates
¼ cup chia seeds (black and white mixed)
¼ cup sesame seeds – grind half in mortar and pestle and keep other half whole
¼ cup desiccated coconut
¼ cup walnuts and seeds of your choice.
1/3 cup raw cacao powder
3 tablespoons Vital Greens
3 tablespoons Vital Protein
3 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons tahini (preferably unhulled)
2 tablespoons ABC spread (combined almonds, Brazil, cashews)
1. Soak dates overnight.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl chia seeds, sesame seeds, nuts/seeds, Vital Greens and Vital Protein, desiccated coconut, and cacao powder.
3. Either put softened dates in a food processor or alternatively chop dates into small pieces into a separate bowl. (fyi a food processor does makes your life easier with this recipe!)
4. Add honey, tahini, and nut spread to the chopped dates (either combine in food processor, or combine in the bowl with the dates).
5. Slowly add dry ingredients, mixing as you go. You just need it at a consistency that will hold the dry ingredients together, so you may need to vary quantities as you see fit.
6. Using your hands, form into individual balls about 3cm diameter. Roll in extra coconut or crushed nuts if you wish!